You can browse certain areas of the Indaba Music Web Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United States.
We DO NOT provide your personal identifying information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our services, and we may aggregate it for other purposes without identifying individual users.
Our intent in collecting personal information is to provide you with a useful, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
provide the services and customer support you request;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the Indaba Music Web Site's content and layout;
- tell you about service updates and promotional offers that we may occasionally offer; and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Additionally, Indaba will collect personal information in the course of processing a payment transaction for the purchase of goods or services, special offers or special features through the Indaba Synch Web Site. The personal information we acquire in processing such purchases varies according to the nature of the purchase. It may include, for example, your name, credit card number and expiration date, checking account number, billing address and shipping address. Indaba uses the information collected to fulfill your purchase and otherwise facilitate the delivery of the goods or services and for no other purpose.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that Users have violated copyright or other applicable law, or to protect our Users' rights or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information; (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service)
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Indaba Synch Web Site to help analyze our web page flow, customize our services, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Indaba Music Web Site.
No spam, spy ware or spoofing
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible
Your information is stored on servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other Users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.